The abstract submission is closed. Thank you so much for all the submission and support. We will now begin the review process. Submitters will be notified by email by end June.
Possible on request. Please write to Christina Lohmann, firstname.lastname@example.org
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION CONDITIONS
A. General conditions
- Abstracts are required for ALL oral presentations, e-posters and videopresentations.
- Abstracts must be submitted by 1 June 2021 (23:59 GMT)
- Abstracts must be submitted in English.
- Final placement as an oral, video or e-poster presentation is subject to the discretion of the Scientific Committee.
- Accepted abstracts will be published in the conference abstract book (online or printed).
- Withdrawal of abstracts can only be accepted if notified in writing and subsequently confirmed by the conference secretariat. It is only possible to withdraw an abstract until 14 days after notification on acceptance.
- Please take note that the abstract may be scheduled for presentation on any day of the Congress.
B. Presenting author and registration
- The presenting author must register for the full conference at the latest 14 days after acceptance of an abstract.
- HERNIA2021 reserves the right to exclude any abstract from the scientific programme that is not followed by a participant registration at the latest 14 days after notification on acceptance.
C. Content of abstract
- The body of the abstract must be concise with a maximum of 250 words. The abstract system will not accept abstracts that exceed this limit.
- The title should be as brief as possible but long enough to clearly indicate the nature of the study.
- No identifying features such as names of authors, hospitals, medical schools, clinics or cities may be listed in the title or abstract text, as a “blind” review process will be used. You will be asked to enter the name(s) of author(s) and their institution(s), when submitting your abstract online.
- The abstract must include the following:
Aim: Clearly state the purpose.
Material & Methods: Describe your selection of observations or experimental subjects clearly.
Results: Present your results in a logical sequence.
Conclusions: Emphasize new and important aspects (perhaps as a discussion section) and the conclusions that are drawn from them.
- All abbreviations must be defined in first use.
- Avoid text in bold or italics.
- Use single line spacing.
- Statements such as “results will be discussed” or “data will be presented” will not be accepted.
- Omit references and acknowledgements at the bottom of the abstract page.
- There are three categories of presentations available – oral, e-poster or video. As presentation slots are limited, some abstracts may be re-allocated from oral to poster presentation.
D. Video presentations - additional information
- File format: MP4.
- Max duration: 7 minutes.
Max size: 500 MB.
- The video should be uploaded in the abstract submission system along with the accompanying text abstract. Videos sent by email will not be considered.
- Review of the submission will be based on a summary of the abstract text and the video.
- If accepted for presentation, you may be asked to upload the video again (detailed information will be provided).
- Videos that are uploaded for other types of abstract presentation (oral or poster) will be deleted and will not be assessed with the text abstract.
E. Use of brand names
Generic names must be used for all references to products or companies. The brand name can be inserted as a reference at the bottom of the abstract page. Papers containing brand names/company names in the abstract text (i.e. not in a reference at the bottom of the page) may be rejected for this reason only. The Scientific Committee reserves the right to replace any brand name with a generic name without further notice.
- The Scientific Committee will review all abstracts.
- Notification of acceptance or rejection of the abstract will be sent directly to all presenting authors (and submitters) by email.
- It is the responsibility of all investigators that all studies are performed with respect to international legislation and ethical guidelines for medical research involving humans and/or animals. The Scientific Committee reserves the right to reject any submitted abstract that is believed to violate these principles.
- Please verify that your email address (submitter and presenting author) is correct as it will be used for contacting you after the review process.